Research & Development
With over 150 years of glass research experience, MO-SCI R&D covers the gamut when it comes to industrial and government/military product development.
Areas of focus include:
- Energy -- engineered proppants for oil fracking, Hydrogen storage via porous glass shells, and nuclear waste vitrification;
- Healthcare -- specialty and bioactive glasses for bone and wound care applications, hemostatic devices;
- Automotive-- ultra strong and light weight transparent glass/polymer composites for windows;
- Military -- light sensor technology and non-toxic NVIS night vision technologies; and
- Porous Materials -- porous silica Vycor-like materials, Porous Wall Hollow Glass Microspheres, and hydroxyapatite media.
While this is not all-inclusive, it does illustrate just how diverse the sectors in which Mo-Sci operates.
Mo-Sci's Research and Development team produces quantities ranging from grams to tons, and in frit, spheres, ribbon, fiber, or custom cast shapes based on the needs of the customer. Mo-Sci looks forward to speaking with you about your product inquiry.